Can’t imagine who’s doing a better job in Fallujah than Chi Trib’s James Janega, here with another day in the city that became a battlefield. He eyeballed the aftermath in houses, spotting family pictures and sandbags (used by insurgents), dusty Koran and English-speaking textbook, prayer rug and teacups, a can of men’s black hair color with “Happy Days Again” written on it in English.
In one such house, he writes, an insurgent waited in the dark and when a five-man U.S. squad opened the door, rolled a grenade toward them that killed one and wounded four. Claim cards are left in each house so that the owners can eventually be compensated by us.
- Bible publisher vs. HHS mandate wp.me/p1s9p-24w 2 hours ago
- 'Is Oak Park Hosting the Next Gosnell?' wp.me/pF7yX-4Q 5 hours ago
- 'Is Oak Park Hosting the Next Gosnell?' wp.me/p1s9p-24u 9 hours ago
- A Fordham graduation wp.me/p1s9p-24s 1 day ago
- RT @rogerlsimon: They say you're overheated comparing Obama admin to fascism, but how does fascism differ from this? twitchy.com/2013/05/20/bom… 1 day ago