|You have this Christian quirk about gay marriage. Hey, you were practically born with it.You become a latter-day Bartleby the Scrivener(apologies to Herman Melville, wherever he is, and if there’s a heavenly niche for great writers, that’s probably his location).That is, you’d prefer not to be the photographer at a gay wedding.You do not intend to interfere with the gay ceremony.
You will not call out from the congregation your objection when the minister or judge asks, if he or she does, whether anyone has an objection to the procedure.
You will not (let’s say, anyhow) write a letter to your local editor or, God forbid, blog the matter.
You just, like Bartleby, prefer not, for your quirky Christian reasons, to be the photographer.
What’s more, you reside and work in New Mexico.
- When blacks don't meet standards, change the standards-Sen. Lightford to the barricades. oakpark.com/News/Articles/… 10 hours ago
- Local Dems go to market, scrambling for votes wp.me/p1s9p-2o5 10 hours ago
- Gossipy sports reportage at NY Times smartertimes.com/1282/domestic-… 10 hours ago
- Quotation of the Day… wp.me/p1s9p-2o3 11 hours ago
- Just Who Is Bruce Rauner? | Chicago magazine | October 2014 wp.me/p1s9p-2o2 23 hours ago