- Wizard politics wp.me/p1s9p-24A 19 hours ago
- May 20 Village Board: Order in the village wp.me/p1s9p-24y 1 day ago
- Bible publisher vs. HHS mandate wp.me/p1s9p-24w 2 days ago
- 'Is Oak Park Hosting the Next Gosnell?' wp.me/pF7yX-4Q 2 days ago
- 'Is Oak Park Hosting the Next Gosnell?' wp.me/p1s9p-24u 2 days ago
Daily Archives: 08/28/2012
Chicago’s Designers are inspiring hope.
Five of Chicago’s hottest fashion designers are set to compete in Heshima Kenya’s second annual Fashion Challenge.
The Project Runway-inspired competition will be kicking off with a fabulous signature cocktail, the Maisha Martini, and provisions provided by Food for Thought.. . .
Trust me, the cause is a darn good one — the Maisha Collective, an income-generating project for the unaccompanied refugee artisan women Heshima Kenya serves in Nairobi.
Go Heshima Kenya!
In his defense of Hawk Harrelson, D. Byrne quotes him:
“If I do that [change his broadcasting style], I’ll quit,” Harrelson said before he went to the microphone for the Sox-Mariners game.
If I believed that, I’d feel better.
Meanwhile, thanks to Denny Byrne for gathering sites that complain about the man named Hawk. Them I do believe, sob!
By Jim Bowman | | |