- Who says there are problems with big govt.? wp.me/p1s9p-24q 2 days ago
- Priests, money, what hurts the church wp.me/pF7yX-4N 2 days ago
- Priests, money, what hurts the church wp.me/p1s9p-24o 2 days ago
- Bother the Fed! wp.me/p1s9p-24m 2 days ago
- Blame it on highways, David Pope tells Democrats wp.me/p1s9p-24k 4 days ago
Daily Archives: 08/30/2012
Ryan disappointed Kudlow:
He dwelled on debt to an extreme point. I don’t think discussing debt connects with people who are unemployed or marginally employed. I think they want a good-paying job, and debt is almost an academic abstraction.
When Republicans run on debt and deficits, they almost always lose. When Republicans run on growth, limited government, lower spending, lower tax rates, and deregulation — they win. Mr. Ryan’s speech was confusing on the growth issue, and that was disappointing; I don’t want to be confused and the American people shouldn’t be confused.
It will be left to Mitt Romney on Thursday night to clarify his own growth policies.
I want growth, growth, growth. Wednesday night, I didn’t get growth, growth, growth; I heard debt, debt, debt.
His argument: growth solves all. Good argument. Dems don’t get that.
It does not fit the narrative. (I earlier advised libs to stay away from "2016: Obama’s America," because it would be too hard for them to watch. Ebert must be taking my advice.