- Who says there are problems with big govt.? wp.me/p1s9p-24q 3 days ago
- Priests, money, what hurts the church wp.me/pF7yX-4N 3 days ago
- Priests, money, what hurts the church wp.me/p1s9p-24o 3 days ago
- Bother the Fed! wp.me/p1s9p-24m 3 days ago
- Blame it on highways, David Pope tells Democrats wp.me/p1s9p-24k 5 days ago
Daily Archives: 09/20/2012
It appears that “pro-choice” Victoria Reggie Kennedy has been invited again to Anna Maria College, which disinvited her last spring. This time she will share a stage with a Catholic congressman who has a 100 percent rating from the pro-abortion group NARAL.
As reported by The Cardinal Newman Society in March, Anna Maria College in Paxton, Mass., honored the wishes of Worcester Bishop Robert McManus and disinvited the widow of Sen.
Truth to power, anyone?
By Jim Bowman | |
Chesterton “would have been more than happy to befriend the wetlands had he known they needed befriending; [and] he would have endorsed reasonable measures to promote clean and sustainable energy,” he writes.
What the Curmudgeon of Catholicism would have vehemently denounced, however, is the LCWR’s conflation of sin and sociology such that the gospel becomes essentially a clarion call to social action, and sin is redefined to encompass only those perceived injustices committed by the collectives in power. This is not the gospel Chesterton embraced, nor is it the gospel Christ entrusted to his apostles.
Well said, that.
By Jim Bowman | | |