Stray radiators, the new wing of 1895, Father Grant the principal and Brother O’Connor his secretary, buried in Grant’s tomb, cherry bomb in the library. Life as a first-year scholastic at St. Ignatius High, Chicago, in 1957.
- @BookDailycom Short trip thru hell this a.m. over coffee in the park: D Sayers' transl of Dante Divine Com I:Hell, Penguin 1953. Try it. 7 hours ago
- Checking Media Matters in re: Fox's Megyn Kelly "blatant lie" — Jim Bowman disq.us/8jec49 1 day ago
- Those children at the border? It's the drug war, stupid. - cafehayek.com/2014/07/the-gr… 3 days ago
- The dreary state of Illinois: Quinn says keep the momentum wp.me/p1s9p-2kr 4 days ago
- Niacin doesn't help heart, may cause harm, study says lnkd.in/bwh24Nf 4 days ago