|You have this Christian quirk about gay marriage. Hey, you were practically born with it.You become a latter-day Bartleby the Scrivener(apologies to Herman Melville, wherever he is, and if there’s a heavenly niche for great writers, that’s probably his location).That is, you’d prefer not to be the photographer at a gay wedding.You do not intend to interfere with the gay ceremony.
You will not call out from the congregation your objection when the minister or judge asks, if he or she does, whether anyone has an objection to the procedure.
You will not (let’s say, anyhow) write a letter to your local editor or, God forbid, blog the matter.
You just, like Bartleby, prefer not, for your quirky Christian reasons, to be the photographer.
What’s more, you reside and work in New Mexico.
- Flash: IRS can't offer its usual high level of service: give it more money. - cafehayek.com/2015/02/a-taxi… 3 hours ago
- Vatican backstabbing: shades of Renaissance Italy . . . wp.me/p1s9p-2vx 3 hours ago
- Pray for your enemies, advises Jesus in today's Sermon on Mount selection . . . wp.me/p1s9p-2vv 19 hours ago
- Wed. Journal: 98 comments in three days wp.me/p2cpa4-1UI 1 day ago
- Wed. Journal: 98 comments in three days wp.me/p1s9p-2vu 1 day ago