- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure illin.is/1K7TzDx 15 hours ago
- Where a man’s heart is, there is his treasure,@Chicago-style blithespirit.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/whe… 15 hours ago
- Impose election blackout on grant announcements – Daily Southtown wp.me/p1s9p-2yI 4 days ago
- The pope, Abbas, and the fuss over the ‘angel of peace’ |@Crux wp.me/p1s9p-2yH 4 days ago
- RT @SykesCharlie: John McAdams: Marquette decides it want to celebrate a Black militant cop killer... who is hiding out in Cuba http://t.c… 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: January 2013
. . . [I]t’s a question of fairness. We have not [what did he almost say here?]
Semi-seriously, I buy milk with an eye to the lid. If it’s regular blue, I know it’s 2%; if it’s light blue or pink, it’s skim. So I’m in a hurry the other day and at the Oak Park (IL) Dominick’s on Lake Street, I bought a regular-blue-capped gallon of Lucerne milk and was thoroughly dismayed to find later, on delayed, at-home inspection, that I’d bought skim, and at the 2% price too.
ARE THEY COLOR-BLIND AT LUCERNE/DOMINICK’S? Safeway too, for that matter, which owns Dominick’s.
. . . as regards Ms. Raddatz of ABC, not the teen-age prossies she did not quiz Sen. Menendez about Sunday.
Most of us have never heard one. It goes like this:
First, a central idea, which the group of readings contains, will be articulated. In this way, the homilist can illuminate the overall salvific meaning of the Lectionary readings.
Second, one doctrine from the Deposit of Faith or Catholic morals which the readings contain will be identified. The outline will help the homilist define, explain, and illustrate this doctrine.
Third, practical ways that the laity can apply this doctrine to their lives will be offered. This third step helps accomplish the Churchs desire that the homilist nurture the Christian life of the lay faithful. It helps fulfill the goal of the Year of Faith that the faith be lived.
It’s based on the idea of church as depositary (bigger than any of us), which is quite a major aspect, I’d say, giving pause to us who entertain even strenuous misgivings.
I may add the deposit of writings over the centuries, from earliest times. What the preacher quotes is what the people pray, or determines it, to adjust the ancient slogan, Lex orandi lex credendi, “The rule of prayer determines the rule of faith.”
Etc. Don’t get me started.
Devastating quotes from Margaret Sanger here, vs. blacks, Jews, infants in large families, etc. What a twisted woman.
Originally posted on kaiserswest:
“…and the more resolutely, the more constantly, your heart is turned towards God and His saints the more it will be enlightened, purified, and vivified”. “Be true in heart always and everywhere, and you will always and everywhere have peace, but especially be true in your converse with God and the saints, “because the spirit is truth.” St. John of Kronstadt
Today is the March for Life in Washington, D.C. and I was glancing through the morning shows on TV and while I was looking, at least, not one announcer or news reporter mentioned it. To give them the benefit of a doubt, I did not watch every channel, all morning long. But as I was surfing channels, no one said a thing about it. Oh, they discussed whether or not Beyonce lip-synced the National Anthem at the Inauguration, but not one word about the March for Life.
View original 902 more words
From: Phillip Wilson*
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 10:33 AM
Subject: BREAKING NEWS: Court Rules – NLRB Appointments Unconstitutional
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC circuit ruled President Obama’s recess appointments unconstitutional.
The case will now go to the Supreme Court. From the AP story:
- “The Obama administration is expected to appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court, but if it stands, it means hundreds of decisions issued by the board over more than a year are invalid. It also would leave the five-member labor board with just one validly appointed member, effectively shutting it down. The board is allowed to issue decisions only when it has at least three sitting members.”