Presented as a service:
Global warming. Gun rights. Capitalism. War. Immigration.
These are just a few of the hot button issues of this year’s presidential campaign—and next Tuesday, when the vice presidential nominees take the debate stage, liberal Catholic Tim Kaine will be representing the wrong side of many issues. What’s the truth about Catholicism? Do the teachings of the Catholic Church really support the anti-business, pro-abortion positions of the Left?
In The Politically Incorrect Guide to Catholicism, John Zmirak refutes misrepresentations and misconceptions about the Catholic Church and separates rumor from truth when it comes to Catholic traditions, faith, and controversial leaders. No, Zmirak says: the Catholic Church is not the Democratic Party at prayer—in fact, it’s one of the most conservative institutions in the world.
In The Politically Incorrect Guide to Catholicism, you’ll discover:
• Why the Church defends private property as a natural right—and has always condemned socialism
• Why Catholic “social teaching” is more conservative than you think—and is based on limiting the power of the state
• How St. Thomas Aquinas discovered the free market before Adam Smith
• Why Catholics believe both in an inherent right to self-defense and a positive duty to defend others (maybe that’s why there are so many Catholic cops, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines)
• Why the pope can’t change Catholic Doctrine
The Reverend C. J. McCloskey calls The Politically Incorrect Guide to Catholicism“a funny, readable, and convincing book that marks off faithful Catholicism from political attempts to hijack and distort it.”