- Cardinal George remembered, analyzed, praised by Robert Royal wp.me/p1s9p-2xb 22 hours ago
- Mrs. Clinton get 300 times what this fellow gets per speech Wotthehell! - cafehayek.com/2015/04/ratioc… 1 day ago
- Jim Bowman: Cardinal George led from his head and his heart wp.me/p1s9p-2x9 1 day ago
- Why Pope Francis has a skewed vision about economics: acton.org/pub/commentary… via @actoninstitute 2 days ago
- Cruel governor, irresponsible Democrats wp.me/p1s9p-2x6 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Obama
The Obamas lived high off the hog at the White House — far higher than previous occupants. State dinners, that is. Why not? He’s got a good government job, and that’s good for something, isn’t it?
* Many of the hedge fund and private equity guys used to work at the big banks and left to strike out on their own for a reason.
* The smaller firms compete with the big banks for the job of managing capital for rich individuals and institutions.
* When the banks raise capital or handle trades for the smaller firms, they charge fees that the smaller firms wish were lower.
* The banks have access to cheap capital via the Federal Reserve and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation that the smaller firms dont get.
* The smaller firms sometimes dont like the trading terms set by the banks on things like posting collateral.
* The bank executives dont like the way the non-bank guys pay the capital gains tax rate on their carried interest, while the bank executives pay a higher income tax rate on their compensation.
What’s more, they give money to different parties, the big guys to Dems and Obama, the others to Republicans and Romney. So don’t lump them together as if they lacked diversity.
Argues Stoll of NY Sun. But Obama does take some private equity money, as Halper of Weekly Standard points out
. It’s not as if he’s boycotting them. He doesn’t boycott money.
He has a knack for this sort of thing.
One would have thought he’d want to calm things down. Instead, he rubs raw the sores of discontent, to use a Saul Alinsky expression.
Today’s Obama Reelection Newsletter (ORN), also known as Sun-Times, arrived safely. It’s a handy package, slips into outer-coat pocket, easy for taking onto Green Line (or other) train or bus or even into church!
On page 3, left third, length of page, we find the Maximum Leader in an AP story (the ORN is also your best source for AP stories), saying he “would not hesitate to attack Iran to keep it from getting a nuclear bomb.” Not if the political adviser told him it was a no-brainer, no he would not hesitate to do it or lots of other things.
But that is not the issue here, where he also warns against “loose talk of war” (his words), which I call having cake and eating it. Look, he’s running for reelection, right? Don’t be so picky.
Next to him, also on p. 3, down the middle (which is not how ORN editors play things, hardly), is “IN A RUSH TO LEAVE: 7th advertiser pulls out of Limbaugh’s show” (also AP, not linkable at S-T site).
Which follows Sunday p. 3A’s “Limbaugh apologizes for calling woman slut” (AP again), giving Sandra Fluke’s age as 30 without a blink sans reference to correction elswhere offered.
Which followed Saturday p. 2’s huge “OBAMA WADES INTO RUSH’S ‘SLUT’ STORM,” (AP, though not so identified), which spills onto p. 3 and (guess what?) a heroic head shot of The Leader, shaking a semi-fist, thumb exposed.
All in all, Saturday’s was a two-fer of the first order, boosting The Leader for trashing that man at WLS, Rushbo.
So goes the Newsletter, on your doorstep seven days at a reasonable price if you like good partisan fun.
“The fact that our political discourse has become debased in many ways is bad enough,” Carney said. “It is worse when it’s directed at a private citizen who was simply expressing her views.”
Before a Congressional committee. Directed by another private citizen. Jay is kidding us.
He takes a good picture sometimes. I’ll grant him that.